The Bill Bost Memorial Library
Welcome to Bill Bost Memorial Library!
The library is:
- Located next to the church offices in the main corridor.
- Open whenever the church is open.
- Operates on the honor system; fill out a card, check out a book and return it when finished
- Available to all ages, but we ask that young children be supervised when using the library
Who is Bill Bost?
Mr. Bost was a charter member of First Baptist Church of Pinehurst. He served on the first Board of Deacons, was the first Sunday School Director and taught Sunday School. He was on the first By-Laws Committee that established the church organizational structure. After his death on April 16, 2006, his family chose to honor his memory and his love of books by establishing the Bill Bost Memorial Library.
The mission of the Bill Bost Memorial Library is to provide books and material to our congregation with the following purposes:
- To advance learning about God and His Word,
- To stimulate interest in the missions of spreading the Gospel and caring for others,
- To encourage living and growing as Christians,
- To provide good reading material for all ages.
The library is well-stocked with a wide range of titles from classics to recent publications. We encourage you to look at what’s available and start reading—
A published list of books is found in a notebook on the library desk. The list is categorized according to the following sections in the library:
Fiction: Listed and shelved by author’s last name.
Non-Fiction: This section is cross-referenced by three separate lists—one by author’s last name (how they are shelved), another list by title, and a third list by category.
Biography: Listed and shelved by the last name of the person the book is about.
Youth: Listed and shelved by author’s last name, fiction separate from non-fiction.
Children: Bible-based books only are listed and shelved by author’s last name. A section of ‘just for fun’ books are available, but not cataloged.
Reference: Listed alphabetically by title.
Commentaries: Listed and shelved in Bible order, O.T. is separate from N.T.
Study Helps: Listed and shelved by author’s last name. Many interesting and helpful items for teachers, parents, anyone studying the Bible.
Bible People: Books about multiple people are shelved together followed by those about single people shelved in order of their appearance in the Bible.
Media: Includes DVDs and a few CDs.